This policy covers how HISPA treats personal information that HISPA collects and receives. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that HISPA does not own or control, or to people that HISPA does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- HISPA collects personal information when you register with HISPA, when you use HISPA services, when you visit HISPA pages or the pages of certain HISPA partners, and when you enter a raffle or sweepstakes. HISPA may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, address, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests, among other items. Once you register with HISPA and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- HISPA collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners.
- HISPA automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, HISPA cookie information, and the page you request.
- HISPA uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- HISPA does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with HISPA under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help HISPA communicate with you about offers from HISPA and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- HISPA displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- HISPA does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- HISPA advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- HISPA works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. For more information regarding providers of services that you've requested please read our detailed reference links.
- HISPA may set and access HISPA cookies on your computer.
- HISPA lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to HISPA's cookies.
- HISPA uses web beacons to access HISPA cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with HISPA products and services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your HISPA Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the HISPA service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the HISPA Newsletter, that are considered part of your HISPA account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can delete your HISPA account by contacting the HISPA Board.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to members who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
HISPA may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your HISPA account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please complete a feedback form or you can contact us at:
660 Rosedale Rd
MS 58-L, Office L266F
Princeton, NJ 08541
Effective Date: December 11, 2005